Monday, December 3, 2007

700 Club:Fundamentalists claim I-35 Can Stop Homosexuality and other things!!!

From the video Author:A report on Pat Robertson's 700 Club describes a supposed prophecy that is being fulfilled through the interstate highway system. A youth-oriented group is allegedly harnessing the power of I-35 to "heal" gays.

Is it just me or is fundamentalist christians and fundamentalist period are getting nutter? Is must be just me. The bible verse is kindy far-fetch if you ask me when refering to I-35.

Well, I-35 refers to (supposedly) to Isaiah, Chapter 35. Verse 8 states: 8

And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it.

Now the verse above isn't clear that it refers to I-35, it's simply not a clear interpretation. Another example on how many christians take bible verses out of context, especial historical and cultural context!

It's no surprise their harassing gays outside a gay bar, and claiming in the video that all of sudden just because they touch somebody their no longer gay? Sounds something like Ted Haggard story to me.

If the laying on hands work, well what about the other gays there, or did the power all of sudden dry up from only person? Stories like this always sound like full of holes, and just bizarre!

Pat Robertson enjoyed every minute of it and said he loves stories. I love stories, and I really mean stories!

Anyway, check out the video! Enjoy.

No comments: